HUNTERVENTION™ 2017 CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES ONLY, WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THE SUBMISSION OF AN ENTRY AND /OR ACCEPTANCE OF A NOMINATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND HEREBY.
- Contest Name: Huntervention™ 2017 Contest – here on out representative of the “Contest”.
- Contest Description: The Huntervention™ 2017 Contest is sponsored by Hunter Fan Company, 7130 Goodlett Farms Pkwy, Suite 400, Memphis, TN 38016 (the “Sponsor”), administered by The Zimmerman Agency, 1821 Miccosukee Commons, Tallahassee, FL, 32308 (the “Administrator”) in partnership with BrewCo Marketing Group, 106 Brewer Dr., Central City, KY, 42330 (a “Partner”) (collectively, the “Contest Entities”). The Contest is intended to award homeowners (the “Participants”) in need of a room refresh a personally designed space. The Grand Prizes (5) will included a live, filmed weekend installation of a room redesign created by a Hunter Fan designer, where the total cost of the redesign shall not be less than two thousand ($2,000) and not exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000), and a Hunter branded fan selected by the designer. The Contest consists of an Entry Period during which Participants may enter to win one of the aforementioned prizes. Contest Entities may begin reviewing materials upon receipt. The Entry Period will be followed by a Pre-Selection period in which the Contest Entities will review each entry to identify Contest Finalists (number dependent upon total entries) for each of the five (5) Grand Prizes. The selection of Contest Finalists and criteria to be considered a Contest Finalist is at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. Contest Finalists will be notified and the Contest Entities may request and review additional materials from the Contest Finalists in order to select the five (5) Grand Prize winners. Entry into the Huntervention™ 2017 Contest does not constitute entry into any other giveaway, contest or sweepstakes administered by any of the Contest Entities.
- Promotion Period: Contest entry is scheduled to begin at 6:00pm EST on May 31, 2017 and end at 11:59pm EST October 1, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). The list of the five (5) Grand Prize Winners is scheduled to be revealed as early as June 22, 2017, and as late as October 15, 2017, and will be compared to all eligible entries received through the end of the Entry Period. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Eligibility: Contest is open to legal U.S. residents, and who are age 18 or older as of date of entry, and have a valid driver’s license or government issued I.D, and are defined by federal, state and local laws as the owner the home/dwelling in which the Huntervention will take place. The following classes of persons are not eligible to enter, participate or win: Employees, officers, and directors of participating Sponsors, Hunter Fan Company, The Zimmerman Agency (Contest Administrator), BrewCo Marketing Group (Partner), each of their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this promotion (collectively “Released Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above, whether or not related. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this promotion, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grand children) and each of their respective spouses. Individuals who do not have access to an internet connection in order to visit the contest website, or a valid email address to register, are also not eligible to enter, participate, or win.
- How to Enter: Eligible contestants to participate in the contest may enter by visiting www.HUNTERVENTION.com, the contest website during the “Entry Period.” Each Participant must fully complete the entry form with all required information including his/her name, complete address (including city, state and zip), valid email address, birth date, and phone number. After having read and agreed to these Official Rules, click the submit button to submit your on-line entry. Maximum of four entries per person; one entry per room, per valid email address during the entire Entry Period. Submitting more than one entry, per room, per person will invalidate all entries by that Participant. All on-line entries must be fully complete for all required information. Eligible on-line entries must be submitted and received by 11:59pm EST on October 1, 2017. All other entries are ineligible to participate or win any prize.
Any available opt-in opportunities are not required to enter the Contest, and checking the opt-in boxes will not improve your chances of winning. By participating and submitting an entry, contestant agrees that Contest Entities are authorized to contact Participant via email, mail, phone or any other form of media to make Participant aware of information pertinent to the contest, and to distribute information regarding the Sponsor(s) and Partner(s) featured products, special events or promotional offers, or purchase incentives. Contestants may opt-out of any further email communication at any time by simply replying REMOVE to any email message, or following the provided opt-out instructions.
Any on-line entry submitted with an invalid email address will be disqualified. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules, or for any entry not submitted or received or lost due to any technical error or failure, human or programming error, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, or the failure to capture any such information or effects of hackers or failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections; all of which will be disqualified.
Each Participant must submit an entry on his/her own behalf. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using same, multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods void that Participant’s entries and that Participant may be disqualified. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries received become the property of the Contest Entities and will not be returned.
- Mailed Submissions: As an alternative to the Online Submission, a Participant may submit an entry for consider by completing the following: (1) going to the designated landing page and printing out a hard copy of the entry form; (2) completing the entry form, including checking the box to acknowledge that Participant has read and accepted these Official Rules; (3) enclose the entry form and any additional materials for consideration (i.e. photographs of the room); and (4) mail the completed entry form to: The Zimmerman Agency c/o Huntervention™ 2017 Contest, 1821 Miccosukee Commons, Tallahassee, FL, 32308. Mailed Submissions must be postmarked on a date that falls within the Entry Period and received by Contest Administrator on or before October 1, 2017.
- Inclusion of Photo or Video in Submission: By submitting a Contest Photo or Contest Video, Participant hereby grants to Contest Entities a non- exclusive, royalty-free (and without further consideration other than as specified herein), transferable, sub licensable, right and license to, in Contest Entities’ sole and absolute discretion, to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such photos or videos in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis. If requested, Participant will sign any documentation required for Contest Entities or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Participant is granting to use the Contest Photo/Video hereunder.
- Pre-Selection Period: At the start of the Entry Period on or around May 31, 2017 up to as late as October 1, 2017, or immediately following termination of the Contest Entry Period, the Administrator shall submit each eligible entry received to begin the Pre-Selection Period. During the Pre-Selection Period, all eligible submissions will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges selected by the Contest Entities, whose decisions are final, binding and not subject to appeal to determine the Contest Finalists (number dependent upon total submissions) and subsequently the five (5) Grand Prize Winners.
- Contest Finalists: Participants will be notified during the Pre-Selection period if they have been chosen as a Contest Finalists. The Contest Entities will attempt to contact the Contest Finalists by one of the contact methods provided by Participant in the original Contest entry from. If the contact information provided by Participant is inaccurate or outdated, or if Contest Entities, for whatever reason, cannot reach the Contest Finalist using the contact information provided by Participant, Contest Entities may select a substitute Contest Finalists. Contest Entities shall have no obligation to make more than one (1) attempt to notify a Participant that he or she has been selected as a Contest Finalist.
Contest Finalists are required to accept their selection as a Contest Finalist (1) on or before the fifth (5th) calendar day after notification of selection as a Contest Finalist and subsequently required to complete the following via email to (a) accept selection; (b) acknowledge and agree to be bound by and subject to these Official Rules which will also include a Public Release of name; (c) complete an Affidavit of Eligibility; (d) provide his or her social security number, to be used solely for tax reporting purposes if selected as a Grand Prize or Runner Up Prize winner; (e) proof of homeownership, and (f) a signed contract stating the Contest Finalist understands the extent Grand Prizing, including, but not limited to (i) allowing the Contest Entities entrance into their home for no longer than four (4) days; (ii) confidentiality agreement; and (iii) hold harmless indemnify; and (2) on or before the fifth (5th) calendar day after notification of selection as a Contest Finalist, submit to the Contest Entities any additional materials as requested. This may include, but is not limited to photography, videography, room measurements, home style, full home address, number of individuals residing in dwelling, pets in home, condition of room selected, confirmation of proper electrical wiring, etc. to assist in the Grand Prize Winner selection.
Failure to comply with these requirements will result in disqualification from the Contest and Contest Entities may select a substitute Contest Finalist.
Grand Prizes: After the qualified judging panel reviews all materials submitted, a total of five (5) Grand Prize Winners shall be selected from the Contest Finalists. Each Grand Prize Winner will receive a custom designed room interior created by a Hunter Fan designer, home accessories and improvements valued at no less than $2,000 and no more than $10,000, a Hunter branded fan of the designer’s choice, and a two (2) to four (4) day onsite activation and installation of the room redesign by the Contest Entities.
Grand Prizes awarded will be awarded in the form of products valued at no less than $2,000 and no more than $10,000 and a Hunter branded fan; and has no cash value, and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other prize. Any unused portion of the allotted $2,000-$10,000 per room design will not be refunded as cash. If the purchase of any product or service exceeds the maximum retail value of the available credit or prize award, the winner shall be responsible for the difference in the cost at time of prize delivery or acceptance. The total value of each Grand Prize, including the cost of the Hunter branded fan shall not exceed $10,000.
Winners in Florida, New York, and Rhode Island shall not receive a prize exceeding $4,999.
A maximum (5) Grand Prizes will be awarded. In the event that no Contest Finalists successfully satisfies the Grand Prize Winning judging panel’s review of submission (as determined at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities), then the Grand Prizes will not be awarded.
- Prize Conditions and Tax Liability: Prizes are non-assignable, non-substitutable and non-transferable without the prior written consent of the Sponsor and Administrator, which consent may be withheld for any reason and in the Contest Entities’ sole and absolute discretion. Contest Entities reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. All details of any Prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Contest Entities. All Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Contest Entities and/or its authorized judging individuals, whose decisions in all aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding. By accepting a Prize, each Contest Finalist acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All prizewinners must accept delivery of prize from Contest Entities, or as otherwise instructed by Contest Entities. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance is the responsibility of winner including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
Grand Prize Winners will be required to complete and return a W-9 form or appropriate tax form, affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release, present a valid driver’s license or government I.D., social security card and proof of home ownership before prize will be awarded. Winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of the prize and are responsible for paying all income taxes on prize.
Failure to sign and return any of these documents, or to comply with any term or condition outlined in these Official Rules may result in Contest Finalist’s disqualification, forfeiture of Prize, and at Contest Entities’ discretion, the presentation of the Prize to an alternate Contest Finalist. A Prize not won and/or goes unclaimed by a Contest Finalist and not awarded to a substitute Contest Finalist shall remain property of the Sponsor.
- Publicity Release: By participating in this Contest, Participants grant and express unconditional permission, for themselves and for family members or others living in Participants home, for Contest Entities to edit and use name, video, photographs, images, logos, likeness, audio, biographical information, statements, testimonials, personal exposition, address, pictures and videos of their home, and Prize information of Participant (collectively, “Attributes”) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media, including the designated landing page, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (with the exception of where prohibited by federal, state and local laws) and Participant release, hold harmless and defend the Contest Entities from all claims arising from the use of such Attributes. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE YOUR ATTRIBUTES USED IN THE MANNER DESCRIBED HEREIN, DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST. The Contest Entities are not, and cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized use of a Participant’s Attributes.
- Additional Rules & Restrictions: All Participants and their legally defied heirs, executors, administrators and successors (individually and collectively, the “Releasing Parties”), as a condition in participating this Contest, agree to unconditionally and irrevocably hereon out release, discharge, hold harmless and defend the Contest Entities, the judging individuals and each of their respective past and present employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents, franchisees, licensees, subsidiaries, parent companies, affiliates, shareholders, owners and members and all other individuals or entities involved in the administration, advertisement or promotion of this Contest and/or the award and delivery of any Prize (individually and collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any liability, claims, litigation, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), illness, damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to Participant’s participation in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any Prize, or participation in Prize-related activities (including, but not limited to travel and in-home activations carried out by Contest Entities in relation to Grand Prize).
By participating in this Contest, Releasing Parties further agree to abide by and be bound wholly by the Official Rules and waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in this Contest itself, and to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Entities, which shall be final in all matters relating to this Contest. In the event a Participant wins a Prize, and is later found to be in violation of these rules he or she will be required to forfeit the Prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the Prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the Prize.
Contest Entities shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Contest Entities’ sole control.
Released Parties are not responsible for, and each Participant hereby releases any claims and all liability for (i) the inability of a Participant to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Released Parties control, or otherwise; (ii) entries due to technical difficulties or transmission errors; (iii) any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method; (iv) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online Participant’s ability to participate in this Contest; (v) any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile phone related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest; and (vi) other errors of any kind, whether computer, technical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitations, errors which may occur in connection with the printing or advertising of this Contest, administration or execution of the Contest, the cancellation of the game, the processing of entries or in the announcement of the prizes or prize winners. Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest website.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PROVISION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES TO THE CONTRARY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CONTEST ENTITIES OR ANY RELEASED PARTIES’ LIBABILITY TO PARTICIPANTS EXCEED $1.00. IN NO EVENT SHALL CONTEST ENTITIES OR ANY RELEASED PARTICES’ BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT FOR ANY DAMAGES SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY. EACH OF THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY EVEN IF CONTEST ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OR ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Disqualification / Contest Cancelation: Contest Entities reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy or threaten the integrity of this portion of the Contest, in the opinion of the Sponsor/Administrator, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest as determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of early termination of the Contest, Contest Entities reserve the right to determine any eligible prizewinners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of such termination.
If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Contest Entities, any event associated with this contest or the Prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- In Case of Disputes: By participating, each Participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and/or any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
- Odds:The odds of winning one of five (5) Grand Prizes is dependent upon the total number of entries received during the Entry Period.
- Winners List: For a copy of these Official Rules or for a list of Prize winners, if any, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Zimmerman Agency c/o Huntervention™ 2017 Contest, 1821 Miccosukee Commons, Tallahassee, FL, 32308. REQUEST MUST SPECIFY the items requested, the Official Rules or winner list. Requests must be received by October 15, 2017.
- Contest Administrator:
The Zimmerman Agency
1821 Miccosukee Commons
Tallahassee, FL, 32308